Possible trip Feb 19 -March 5, 2019 if there is enough interest. Let me know asap if interested.
Next trip is July 23-Aug 5, 2019 to Santiago Dominican Republic. We have a RN Lac Consultant also going again (My sister ! ) Leading a breastfeeding team at same time. $500 preceptor fees 2 Low cost airbnb are being rented that fits us all with amazing gardens booked ! Many Drs spoke English too ! You should see at least 20 births or so like previous trips (8 hr shifts, sometimes can do doubles if there is space ) Will do a few tourist days also. Note we wont be booking tickets until next yr and AFTER app is approved. Working on a you tube and booklets for students for this trip to make sure everyone is on same page with serving in a different environment and to save time on my end. Please hold phone calls till after I get that done and you go over both 1st. Can show serious interest by filling out pre-app on tab listed through this site. There is a chance I may do a trip before then but cant seam to clear 2 weeks before July date at this time.(Will still July dates if so ).
Just did a clinical trip to Same location Jan 2017 and Oct 2017 & Aug 2018 . If you have local group who wants to go let me know. Have connections in Dominican Republic and Uganda .Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for info
Fill out new app on the web site see drop down tab if seriously interested and I will get back in touch with you.
Midwife To Be International
Can be watched live or by recording. 25 weeks long (can use hrs in MTB also ) 10% discount if in MTB
Is a great way to learn to be a basic Midwife in 3rd world or emergency situations. Its also a good add on to MTB training as its a live overview of prenatal, birth and PP using the book for Midwives. Teaching is done via wiziq (live seminar format) and is also recorded. can be started anytime as classes repeat. see tab under MTBI out line for more info. come join us as we train/learn with others from around the world !
- maternova.net Tools and ideas that save Mothers and Newborns. Including anti shock pants for PPH.
- Heartline Maternity Center in Haiti is raising funds for a bigger birth center. The owner, Beth, has joined me on a clinical trip in the past and is a graduate of MTB. If you can help please visit: www.heartlineministries.org
- World Health Organization (WHO) Midwifery toolkit
- Hesperian Foundation. Publisher of A Book for Midwives used in this training and also other books like Where There is No Doctor and other village books. http://store.hesperian.org/HB/prod/B090R.html
- Cultural Competency class on line using wiziq. (required for trip if you haven’t had. Also needed for NARMS CPM ) $25.
- My NEW web site www.globalmidwife.org . Send me links , blogs etc for review for site as you find ones that may help save lives and make birth better in places of need. Looking for someone to help run this site .
$250 if living in developed country
$125 if from developed country serving in under developed country
$50 if from and living in developed country