Midwife To Be International
Is a great way to learn to be a basic Midwife in 3rd world or emergency situations. Its also a good add on to MTB training as its a live overview of prenatal, birth and PP using the book for Midwives. Teaching is done via wiziq (live seminar format) and is also recorded. can be started anytime as classes repeat. see tab under MTBI out line for more info. come join us as we train/learn with others from around the world !
- maternova.net Tools and ideas that save Mothers and Newborns. Including anti shock pants for PPH.
- Heartline Maternity Center in Haiti is raising funds for a bigger birth center. The owner, Beth, has joined me on a clinical trip in the past and is a graduate of MTB. If you can help please visit: www.heartlineministries.org
- World Health Organization (WHO) Midwifery toolkit http://www.who.int/maternal_child_adolescent/documents/strenthening_midwifery_toolkit/en/
- Hesperian Foundation. Publisher of A Book for Midwives used in this training and also other books like Where There is No Doctor and other village books. http://store.hesperian.org/HB/prod/B090R.html
Clinical trips : JAN 14-21, 2015 Santa Domingo , Dominican Republic
March 10-17, 2015 Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic
M.T.B. Project in the Dominican Republic
A project has been set up allowing us to bring Midwife and Doula students for clinical observations and hands on training in L& D and PP at a large local hospital. One week trips will offer 4 days in L&D. There will also be 2 days of sight seeing and optional opportunities to participate and minister in a local Christian Church, orphanage, ocean time and local village time. You will get lots of experience in a very busy needy hospital. Not for the weak at heart. You will make a big difference in lives there but it wont be easy.We are staying with a local pastor in the capitol in the heart of down town. There is lots to do in walking distance from bed and breakfast we will be staying at. (Museums, restaurants,parks etc.) A great place to relax after each shift.
COST: $400 includes lodging and breakfast and preceptor fees. Other meals can be bought local at the many restaurants or can cook own food in kitchen with local food store in walking distance.
Extra fees: airfare to SDQ airport, taxi $ apx $20-30 each way to airport and $2-6 to hospital. depending on # of students to share with. 2 meals a day, tourist $ for gifts, $10 tourist visa at airport .
SUPPLIES: 1 or 2- 50 lb trunks of supplies for the hospital and the poor….. chucks, sheets, small toys, most medical supplies (not expired meds ),craft, school supplies, clothes for kids and moms in hospital etc. Wheel chairs can be brought for free on plane and there is a great need for them.
NOTE: trip can be extended at $25 a night for extra time at the B&B, mission work, downtime etc but not for hospital work.
Who can go…
- Midwife Students beginners and advanced
- Breastfeeding Helpers
- Kangaroo Care Teachers
- Spanish speaking translators