HOSTED IN EASLEY, SC
Ten hours of hands on clinical skills training which includes lodging! Get hands on training and interaction with other students and even real clients! (when available) Depending on the skills being covered these weekends provide the student with the opportunity to practice skills as well as have dialectic discussion of knowledge portions that are required for NARM. Skills will be gone over in order of NARMS Certification Application form. (Download forms here) If you are at a point in your training where you are ready to have skills knowledge signed off that can be done at skills weekend! Bring your NARMS skills list and other application material along with the Practical Skills Guide for Midwifery by Pam Weaver and Sharon Evans whether you are having skills signed off or not. We will try to have live clients here if possible but it is not promised. Note that some skills must be done on live clients but it may be possible for the knowledge portion to be signed off. In Alaska and South Carolina these skills hours are required for licensing. Recordings of past skills are available on DVD for $50 each.
Each weekend will also have some delivery practice with a belly/baby prop along with group discussion, birth arts/crafts, herb hands on (salve , tincture making , herb walk etc ).
Please understand that clinical time is limited. Discussion and explanation of the NARM PEP process and the NARM paperwork is NOT time efficient. If you are having trouble understanding these details, please contact NARM or post your questions on the Yahoo! group or Facebook group and you are sure to get answers from seasoned students.
1. Feb 25-26,2017 NARMS form 201 section 1 – Midwifery counseling, education, communication
2. April 22-23, 2017 NARMS form 201 section 2 – General health care
3. June 24-25,2017 NARMS form 201 section 3- Maternal health assessment
4. Aug 26-27,2017 NARMS form 201 section 4- Prenatal
5. Oct 28-29,2017 NARMS form 201 section 5 Labor and Birth
6. Dec 16-17,2017 NARMS form 201 section 6 &7 PP and well baby
“Skills weekends have made me much more self confident in this role as future midwife. Being able to be hands on empowers new students to feel capable of performing these skills. Interacting with both new students and seasoned students provides peer accountability and experienced feedback respectively. I particularly love the relaxed atmosphere provided in order to not just accomplish some skills tasks but to interact with one another and glean from each other’s experiences. The open forum allows for students to learn visually, learn kinetically, and to learn auditorily.”
Lisa Aman LM
120 Barbrey Dr.
Easley, SC 29640
Click Buy Now and you will be taken to PayPal to check out. In PayPal please enter which weekend you are paying for in notes/comment area. $100 per weekend (10 credit hrs) includes lodging if needed.
- Taught by Lisa Aman, LM since 1985, owner of Midwife To Be and held at address above.
- Skills can be done in ANY order.
- We will do skills practice, discussions, hands on projects, birth crafts and more!
- Beginners and advanced students both welcome.
- Can be done in your area if enough students are interested.
- Lodging included, please bring own bedding.
- Meals are potluck. Prepare a healthy vegetarian dish for each meal you will eat.
- 10 hours per class. 2/3 credit each.
- May have guest speakers at times.
- $100 per weekend. Prepay by check or PayPal link at least 1 week in advance. If you cancel, 1/2 is refundable toward future class.
- Class may be cancelled if less then 4 sign up, by 1 week before skills date . Will get full refund if so.
- Bring skills book and NARMS application for check off if desired.
- Classes start Friday afternoon and end Saturday around 3 p.m. If you are flying in, we can pick you up at Greenville-SpartanburgAirportfor $30 each way.
- Held in Easley, SC in Lisa’s home www.flowingriverplace.com
NARMS TEST PREP
Come join us for some focused test prep and midwife must know overview. Can also check off on some skills. Will be using Certified Midwives Exam secrets and other Midwife text books. Will have lots of test practice, test taking advice and birth act outs with belly mannequin prop. Lodging at www.flowingriverplace.com included. meals will be divided up depending on student attendance. $100
Midwife TO BE Cultural Competency and Sensitivity Course
This course is designed and taught by a combination of educators like Lisa Aman, LM with both qualified credentials and several years experience working with various clients as a midwife, traveling overseas to developing countries as a leader and teacher, and/or many years experience working with and studying about various cultures in the U.S. and around the world.
Although this course does not accommodate every culture that exists, it does implement various strategies and studying tools to aid health care providers when working with any given culture unfamiliar the provider. The authors and instructors of the Midwife-to-be Cultural Competency and Sensitivity Course are always open to adding as many resources, materials and new discussions to the course to remain up-to-date and accurate.
Good for dealing with clients from other countries in the USA but also required for trips over sees for MIDWIFE To Be or DOULA TO BE clinical trips.
1 hr using wiziq online class. Classes help as needed. Email for info on next one.Cost : $25